September 30, 2012

Hens Night / Bridal Shower / ??

I know "traditionally" the bridesmaids or in my case I'm only have one so my Maid of Honour is the one that organises the "hens" and it's usually a surprise.

For those who know me this is no surprise but I am a total control freak and the thought of a surprise event gives me the heebeejeebees ! Now I don't want a traditional "hens", no strippers, no penis straws, no veils or banners. I want to keep it simple and classy and have so far decided.

Kitchen Tea
- a catered high tea in the afternoon which I will be inviting all female guests to attend. This is to be held at an apartment in the city which I'm thinking of booking for the weekend. I don't mind if a few games are played, just nothing too cheesy or invasive haha!



Dinner & Drinks
- with whoever wants to stay on into the evening, most likely the "younger ones" haha. Am thinking Jade Buddha but I haven't been there in forever so will need to visit them sometime to make sure it's up to scratch (told you I'm a control freak!) - I would hate to have an event somewhere which served mediocre meals and drinks!



I won't be having any themes or make the guests wear / not wear any particular colours (not such a control freak after all? haha) as I'm sure they will dress to the occasion. We will not be putting a dress code on the wedding invitation either, if someone ends up attending looking absolutely drab that's just embarrassing for them and will make the rest of us look even more fabulous!

Now the question, where does one purchase pretty yet inexpensive bridal shower invitations. Is etsy the way to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment