September 2, 2012

What are you reading?

What is everyone reading at the moment? I'm in the market for a new book and not sure what's new, what's good or what's bad.

I tried 50 Shades of Grey. I truly did but couldn't even make it halfway through the first book. I wasn't expetting anything magnificent literary wise but my goodness the writing was so so awful. I cringed my way through the first few chapters.

I got halfway through the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy and it couldn't keep me excited enough to want to finish it. The first book I loved, the second was ok, the third I struggled.

So I've had a bad run of mediocre books lately :(

2 comments:

  1. I received where we belong by Emily giffin in the post today, have loved all her other books- definitely not life changing but easy to read.

    I would recommend I came to say goodbye by Caroline Overington thought it was amazing.

    Also love after you'd gone by Maggie O'Farrell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recs! I'll look them up. Have heard lots of good things about Where We Belong. I've also been recommended Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet.

      Delete