August 29, 2012

Oh, The Places You'll Go!

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.  And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.






Bit of hump day inspiration. Courtesy of Dr Seuss - what a clever, clever man! Over the last few years I have been wanting to study and move towards the career path of a Financial Planner. This requires a Diploma of Financial Planning which I would complete at my own pace via distance education. It seems there are 2 reputable choices, Kaplan Professional and RG146.The latter being cheaper for the exact same qualification so I think I'll be enrolling with them.

The reason I hadn't started sooner was because we bought a house, so I waited a few months to settle in. Then I got a new job, so waited a few months again to settle in, then we got engaged! So I thought I'd wait until after the wedding/honeymoon. But I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and start the study. I should be receiving my bonus in September so I will use a portion of that to pay for the course.

It seems there are quite a few opportunities for Financial Planning related careers in Brisbane, but a lot require experience. Would love to know how one gains experience without having any prior!

No comments:

Post a Comment