April 21, 2013

Great Expectations

I am officially losing my mind. Every second of every minute of every day all I think about is the wedding. What will go right,  what will go wrong, what its going to be like,  who will wear what, who will say what. Yeah.  Crazy talk in over drive.

There's just so much pressure for everything to be perfect. The perfect dress,  hair,  make up, cake, music, speech, vows, weather, everything.

I have learnt to accept that not everything will be perfect and to not care what goes wrong. It's all out of my control anyway. As long as at the end of the day both D and I are married and happy,  nothing else matters.

Then there's this other expectation you see in photos, movies,  magazines, read in books,  hear in conversations: that it has to be the best day of your life. What if it isn't? I will be happy and full of love but that won't necessarily mean it's the best day of my life. Does that mean I fail as a bride?

I don't like fuss and attention and I love and genuinely enjoy the little things in life. Like the warm sun on my skin,  cuddles and snuggles with maddy. Heart to heart conversations with D and noisy family dinners.

To date the best day of my life would be the day we took maddy home. The love and awe I felt for this tiny puppy in my lap was so overwhelming.

Will our wedding match up to that? I know I need to stop thinking. Stop comparing. And really,  just stop caring and go with the flow. But it's much easier said than done.

2 comments:

  1. You'll be fine. On the day you will be nervous and worried initially, and then everything falls into place and you'll have a fantastic day. Some things may go wrong but you don't even notice them, or if you do its not a big problem as you've just married the one you love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks little black sheep! That does sound reassuring and make me feel a bit better about it all!

      Delete